Wednesday 27 November 2013

Assignment 3 - Part 2 (Barebones)

Parts have arrived!

However it wasn't without a bit of hacking and gutting to my existing model to make the darn thing fit - the suppliers sent me a variant of what I had previously ordered (probably due to the sudden pace of things and urgency). Things were either too big or positioned in a way I had not planned (eg: my model was designed to use a side entry USB OTG cable... which I unfortunately fried too in the previous experiment. This time I was sent a straight direct entry plug).





Nevertheless, the pictures of the barebones model with lights again!

The set back gave me some time to play a little bit with the lights and this is what I've achieved. For the two back bridges, I've swapped the Red and Green leads on the breadboard so when I'm outputting Red on the Android Tablet, two sets of lights are interpreting it as Red but really, outputting Green.

What this does is it allows me to push the "angular" theme forward (as Kate Moss is described to be a model known for her angular figure and facial appearance due to her skinniness).

Note the heights of the perimeter buildings (eg: relationship with the bottom and top and with each other). It's is taller where it is also shorter (eg: the front two acrylic towers being taller at the top and shorter at the bottom compared to its neighbour).

The inversion of the Red and Green leads means that there is now quite a direct indication of the background and foreground. Drawing lines concurrent to these light paths generate another set of angles.








Got the building to dance again!


No comments:

Post a Comment